Mariano Martinez Peck is a PhD student between Ecole des Mines de Douai and INRIA RMOD team. He is the main developer behind SqueakDBX and GlorpDBX, maintainer of Metacello Configurations of official Pharo images.
Now also Cog VM hacker, Mariano explains in a 1h30 HD video:
- what the VM is made of
- what are the different VM built by the Pharo project continuous integration server
- how to get the platform sources from Gitorious
- how to generate the interpreter sources using ConfigurationOfCogVM
- build the VM
- run and debug it with gdb and XCode
- what Slang is and how to change it for debugging purposes
This screencast matches these posts from Mariano's blog: part1, part2.
Eliot Miranda, main developer of Cog VM, has also written nice posts on his blog.
The video weights 2.2 GB. You can get it from vimeo page.
Note: about the print that doesn't work at the end of video, Mariano told me later:The problem was that I evaluated from workspace and evaluating stuff from workspace is hackky becase the Compiler is used. If I do the same from a method, instead of a workspace, it works
View mobile version.